The Resource A love like blood
- A love like blood
- Statement of responsibility
- Marcus Sedgwick
- The first novel for adults by hugely acclaimed YA writer Marcus Sedgwick, A LOVE LIKE BLOOD is a gripping tale of love, revenge and obsession.
- Classy, elegant and gripping... A novel for a chilly night with a cup of tea and a warm blanket where you start reading and then go on and on, unable to stop. -- John Ajvide Lindqvist, author of Let the Right One In A LOVE LIKE BLOOD manages to play with vampire tropes while lifting the novel to stranger, more compelling heights. A great read. -- Joe R. Lansdale, author of EDGE OF DARK WATER Marcus Sedgwick is a true original Independent on The Book of Dead Days Like Pullman, Sedgwick draws characters so magnetic that readers will find it hard to look away. Booklist on My Swordhand is Singing You're in safe hands with Sedgwick Guardian on The Book of Dead Days
- Biographical or historical data
- Marcus Sedgwick is a widely admired, prizewinning author of YA fiction. His books have been shortlisted for over thirty awards, including the Carnegie Medal (five times), the Edgar Allan Poe Award (twice) and the Guardian Children's Fiction Prize (four times). He has won the Branford Boase award for his debut novel, Floodland, and the Booktrust Teenage Prize for My Swordhand is Singing. A LOVE LIKE BLOOD is his first novel for adults.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Summary expansion
- I've chased him for over twenty years, and across countless miles, and though often I was running, there have been many times when I could do nothing but sit and wait. Now I am only desperate for it to be finished. In 1944, just days after the liberation of Paris, Charles Jackson sees something horrific: a man, apparently drinking the blood of a murdered woman. Terrified, he does nothing, telling himself afterwards that worse things happen in wars. Seven years later he returns to the city - and sees the same man dining in the company of a fascinating young woman. When they leave the restaurant, Charles decides to follow...A LOVE LIKE BLOOD is a dark, compelling thriller about how a man's life can change in a moment; about where the desire for truth - and for revenge - can lead; about love and fear and hatred. And it is also about the question of blood
- Target audience
ContextContext of A love like blood
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work A love like blood
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.upperhutt.kotui.org.nz/resource/WlrQjlh9mM4/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.upperhutt.kotui.org.nz/resource/WlrQjlh9mM4/">A love like blood</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.upperhutt.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.upperhutt.kotui.org.nz/">Upper Hutt City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Upper Hutt City Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...