The Resource Stallo
- Statement of responsibility
- Stefan Spjut; Translated by Susan Beard
- In the summer of 1978 a young boy disappears without trace from a summer cabin in the woods. His mother claims that he was abducted by a giant. The boy is never found. The previous year, over in a Swedish National Park, a wildlife photographer takes a strange picture from his small airplane, of a bear running over the marshes.
- Biographical or historical data
- Stefan Spjut (b. 1973) has worked as a literary critic and culture editor. His debut novel Fiskarens garn (Fisherman's Yarn) was published in 2008. He lives in Stockholm and has two children, a girl and a boy. He holds a black belt in taekwondo and considers himself a reprobate MMA-junkie.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Language note
- Translated from the Swedish
- Literary form
- Summary expansion
- What if something is out there? This is a haunting supernatural thriller for fans of Let the Right One In, The Passage and Salem's Lot. "I was enthralled form the very first page...the words seems to sparkle on the page." (Karl Ove Knausgaard). In the summer of 1978 a young boy disappears without trace from a summer cabin in the woods. His mother claims that he was abducted by a giant. The boy is never found. The previous year, over in a Swedish National Park, a wildlife photographer takes a strange picture from his small airplane, of a bear running over the marshes. On its back sits a creature, which the photographer claims is something extraordinary. Twenty-five years later, and back in Laponia, Susso runs a much-maligned web page, one dedicated to searching for creatures whose existence have not yet been proven: the Yeti, the Loch Ness Monster, Big Foot. But Susso has her own obsession, one inherited from her grandfather, the well-known wildlife photographer. When an old woman claims that a small creature has been standing outside her house, observing her and her five year old grandson for hours, Susso picks up her camera and leaves for what will become a terrifying adventure into the unknown..
- Target audience
ContextContext of Stallo
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Stallo
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.upperhutt.kotui.org.nz/resource/3Ispb0ijwis/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.upperhutt.kotui.org.nz/resource/3Ispb0ijwis/">Stallo</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.upperhutt.kotui.org.nz/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.upperhutt.kotui.org.nz/">Upper Hutt City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Upper Hutt City Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...